You have decided to renovate your own bathroom, you may have obtained quotations, checked the prices of bathroom items and tiles and are thinking about doing it yourself.
We offer a consultation service to DIY’S
The first consultation is free
For your free consultation, we need the following information:-
- A plan or your existing bathroom
- A few photographs of you existing bathroom, if you can’t email a photograph, send your photos by text to 0467 298 859.
- Supply us with any ideas you may have ( Houzz website is a great for ideas ), A drawing.
- Tiles, wall and floor ) you are considering
- Fixtures you are investigating ( freestanding bath, wall hung vanity, overhead shower or hand held shower )
Second consultation $ 200
- We will visit your home
- Discuss your bathroom,
- Sequence trades,
- TShow you how to prepare for waterproofing.
- Where to buy good bathroom component suppliers, where to buy quality tiles, where to buy your vanity, freestanding baths, steel baths, Quality brands with less expensive products
- Tap ware, mixer tap brands, ones to buy , ones to avoid at all costs
Third and consequent home consultations $ 200
- We will visit your home and discuss any problems as your progress, check out your readiness to render or line with villaboard.
Note: There are some parts of your renovation that you can’t do yourself, you need to employ licensed trades. Plumbing, Electrical, Waterprofing
how long will it take me to renovate my bathroom ?
- For us to renovate a bathroom/ Ensuite professionally including 10 year warranty on waterproofing it takes us generally 15 working days or 21 calendar days after commencing .
- If you intend to renovate yourself, you are probably looking at loosing/devoting 5 weekends plus you need to select and coordinate trades to work during the week.
- Or do you may want to sub contract out your renovation.
- You need to weigh up your time vs paying professional, do you want to put yourself though the stress of selecting and organising trades and finding good tradesmen.
Tiling is most important, Tiling can make your bathroom look great or terrible, ( see our page on tiling ) To select a tiler, you need to see some of his work, photographs and endorsements are really not worth much against seeing some of his work, he should have work in progress or completed you can view.
- Our tilers charge on a bathroom/Ensuite basis, labour and materials to fix your tiles,
- you can see some examples of their work on our tiling page.
Our tilers ,approx 25 sqm 600x300 ceramic wall, porcelain floor, hebel bath, approx $ 3500 incl gst.. ( 2016 Sydney )
Three visits to your site Disconnect before strip out, Roughing in wiring ( you may say all electrical is to remain as is, however, Australian standards have changed/improved an example, power point near a vanity when installed may have been to rules, , now it may require moving, only a licensed electrician can decide, and fit off.
Electrician from $ 500 to $ 1500 depending
- Again three visits, one to cap off before stripout, second to rough in, third fit off
- Generally some plumbers quote $ 2000 for a bathroom renovation, other $ 80 to $ 100 / hr plus materials .
Our cost for our plumber (select areas of Sydney ) Plumbing with materials from $ 2000 incl gst ( 2016 Sydney )
- Failed waterproofing is the number one cause of bathroom damage.
- See our page on waterproofing an you quickly realise the importance of waterproofing.
- For us to waterproof your bathroom to our high standard with a waterproofing certificate, we visit your project 3 times, Once to fix water bars and apply a coat of waterproofing under your tile bed. The second visit is to apply a coat of waterproofing on the tilers tile bed and wet area walls. The final visit is to waterproof the floor again together with the wet area walls
Our costs for waterproofing with waterproofing certificate $ 1200 incl gst